The UV Box from AUVS is the proven answer for Mobile Device Disinfection. AUVS' flagship product, The KR615 Germicidal Enclosure--commonly known as The UV Box--was developed specifically to target mobile, handheld devices that are known agents of cross-contamination in Hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
The contaminants spread on these devices threaten clinicians, patients, families, and visitors with debilitating and deadly Surgical Site and Hospital Associated Infections (SSIs and HAIs). These devices including cell phones, tablets, handheld computers/bar code scanners, TV remotes, and personal items from eyeglasses to car keys, are not successfully treated by traditional and high-tech disinfection processes due to their frequent handling and mobile nature. In fact, these very factors tend to undermine a hospital's most stringent hand hygiene protocols and policies.
Directly addressing this problem and a key component of any hospital's Hand Hygiene Bundle, The UV Box has been independently proven by an FDA consulting lab to disinfect 99.995% of the most difficult to treat contaminants, including C. diff and MRSA, and 99.999% of Norovirus, all in less than 60 seconds.
The success of AUVS' Germicidal Enclosures is attributable to several, integrated factors including:
- Effectiveness – Up to 4.5 Log, 99.99% disinfection rate for C. diff spores according to an independent FDA consulting lab protocol and testing; Additional testing with a second independent lab yielded up to a 5.25 Log, 99.999% disinfection rate for norovirus.
- Speed & Ease of Use – One-button simplicity: No learning curve Durability – No moving parts + aluminum casing to protect the UV chamber.
- Safety – Since all UV energy is contained, AUVS' Germicidal Enclosures can be used safely, even in occupied rooms and public areas.
- Environmentally Friendly – Our Germicidal Enclosures use no consumables and create no waste, saving money and reducing the environmental impact as compared with purchasing and disposing of tens of thousands of germicidal wipes.
- Protection of Expensive Equipment – AUVS' Germicidal Enclosures will not harm expensive phones and other devices, particularly those with LCD screens, the way bleach-based wipes can. ROI – AUVS' Germicidal Enclosures have been shown to pay for themselves in a matter of months based on reduced use of germicidal wipes and disposable devices. AUVS Germicidal Enclosures are Designed & Made in the USA.
Introduced during the second half of 2016, AUVS' line of Germicidal Enclosures evolved quickly in both numbers and applications. In numbers, more than 100 hospitals and hospital groups, including national and regional health care leaders, have already integrated The UV Box into their Infection Prevention and Staff Safety Protocols according to AUVS CEO Jim Psihas. In applications, the enclosures are independently building momentum with activity and interest in the Food Services and Food Processing industries, as well as Municipal Government, Law Enforcement, Education, Large Organizations and anywhere that infection prevention is a concern.