The Next Generation 39500 Series OAE Hearing Screener is designed to detect otoacoustic emissions for improved clinical outcomes in the treatment of hearing loss in young children. It combines objective screening with breakthrough technology which ensures staff efficiency and patient comfort.
The OAE Hearing Screener tests at key speech frequencies (2, 3, 4, 5 kHz), ideal for testing newborns, infants, toddlers, preschool and school-age children. It rapidly screens children who are too young to respond or have difficulty sitting still, with minimal cooperation required. The intuitive display prompts to guide the staff through the test, making it easy to use. Tests are fast; just three button pushes turn on the device and complete tests on both ears in approximately 8-16 seconds per/ear (assumes DPOAE screening with 2-4 second averaging).
- Rapidly screen newborns and infants with minimal cooperation required.
- No behavioral response required for those too young to respond.
- Noise-management technology addresses poor test results due to ambient sound.
- View, archive and export patient data with Welch Allyn Data Manager Software.
- In-the-ear calibration helps improve test accuracy, ensuring probe is secure.
- AutoStart check makes sure test is started in acceptable conditions.
- User-friendly screen prompts to guide the staff through the test.
- Tests at key speech frequencies—2, 3, 4 and 5 kHz.