Note: This model is mainly used in hospitals. Click here to see model 6300 which is mainly used in physicians offices.
The Welch Allyn CVSM6400 Hospital Connex Vital Signs Monitor - Wireless Ready w/ 4 USB Ports & Nurse Call Pulse Rate, MAP is an advanced monitor featuring an innovative large full-color touchscreen display that is bright, visually intuitive to operate, and provides quick access to all device settings and controls.
The Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor (CVSM) 6400 is perfect for both continuous monitoring and spot check needs and can be used across procedure, triage and general exam environments, reducing required training and enabling staff to standardize procedures for the vitals capture process. In addition, the Connex VSM can be fully configured with blood pressure intervals set for predefined cycle times or customized with two programmable cycle time options. Alarm levels are fully displayed on the home screen allowing easy access for immediate control and prominent visual and audible alarms grab the clinicians’ attention and provide the alarm priority level and the specific cause.
The modular and configurable design of the Connex® EVD System allows for seamless future parameter/sensor upgrades. In addition, the open software architecture is designed to be capable of offering future Welch Allyn and third-party clinical applications that would run on the monitor and a remote server. For example, Welch Allyn has partnered with Masimo® to incorporate Rainbow® SET technology that today provides you with SpO2 and may be upgraded to include additional future Rainbow SET parameters. There is no need to invest in new devices when new features are introduced. The Connex® Vital Signs Monitor may be connected to a broad range of DETECTO® and Health-O-Meter scales for total vital signs measurement. The system can be wall-mounted or easily installed on a mobile stand (sold separately).
- SureBP—approx. 15-second NIBP, pulse rate
- Pulse rate and MAP included
- Adult, pediatric, neonatal blood pressure modes
- NIBP automatic and programmable interval monitoring modes
- Programmable visual and audible alarms for BP, SpO2, temp and pulse
- Blood Pressure intervals can be set for predefined or customized cycle times
- 400-reading memory allows retrieval of previous data for review
- SureTemp® Plus thermometer and/or Braun Thermoscan Pro 4000 ear thermometer (optional)
- Masimo® or Nellcor® SpO2 (optional)
- Integrated thermal printer (optional)
- EHR/EMR connectivity through a USB cable (optional)
- Ships with Adult and Large Adult FlexiPort® Cuffs
- Li-ion battery for mobile operation
- Nurse call interface
- Manual measurement entries (weight, height, respiration rate, pain) and documentation modifiers,such as body position and O2 therapy
- 4 USB ports for accessories
- Complete error messages for simple troubleshooting
- 2-year warranty
- New Accessory Cable Management Mobile Stand (sold as an accessory)
Benefits for Hospitals: (models 6400 & 6500)
- Get immediate access to accurate patient vitals
- Wireless ready capability allows data to be sent to the EMR anytime, anywhere
- Profiles controls alarms and configures to specific workflows
- Advanced patient ID verifies patient name
- Connex VSM is an advanced, touch-screen monitor featuring bright, vivid colours with minimal knobs or buttons for ease of cleaning – perfect for general-care floors within the hospital and also for surgery centers and other ambulatory care offices.
- Fully customizable, including programmable location identifier and quick USB configuration cloning
Benefits for Physicians:
- Connects to all leading EHR systems to reduce documentation errors
- Interval programs for automatic readings
- Save vitals information with the patient name for future reference
- Only one step away from the home screen for any function or parameter
- Blood pressure averaging helps reduce misdiagnosis of white coat hypertension
- Helps practices comply with meaningful use requirements
In Greater Detail:
SureBP Non-invasive Blood Pressure
The Connex Monitor features NIBP and displays systolic, diastolic and MAP measurements in all profiles. The monitor uses the oscillometric method to determine blood pressure. The monitor can measure NIBP automatically based on the intervals you choose. Results are displayed within 15 seconds. This device is compatible with adult, pediatric and neonatal patients.
WiFi - Wireless
The Connex Electronic Vitals Documentation System provides wireless transmission of patient vitals data from the point of care into the patient chart and EMR. This dramatically reduces the time, labor and transcription errors.
This optional feature provides a connection to the hospital nurse call system.
The CO2 monitor configured with Oridion Microstream capnography continuously measure or indicate end-tidal CO2, fraction of inspired CO2, respiration rate and Integrated Pulmonary Index.
The Connex Vital Signs Monitor offers two thermometer options. You may choose from the SureTemp Plus, which provides oral, axillary and rectal temperatures, or the Braun 4000, which offers ear temperature. The SureTemp Plus includes an oral probe and 25 disposable probe covers.
Respiratory Monitoring / SpO2:
Spo2 measures the oxygen level in the bloodstream. This feature you will provide a continuous pulse rate reading vs. a onetime pulse rate reading the standard BP option provides. The Connex Vital Signs may be configured with the latest pulse oximetry technology from Masimo or Covidien/Nellcor for accurate SpO2 and pulse rate readings.
Masimo has proven to offer better capabilities providing readings in circumstances where there is unstable patient or finger movement.
The USB Port provides a connection to an external computer for connectivity, testing and software upgrades.
|SKU||Part Number||Thermometer||Pulse Oximeter||Printer|
|CESS-93001-01||64XXPX-B||Not Included||Not Included||Included|
|CESS-93001-02||64XTXX-B||SureTemp Plus||Not Included||Not Included|
|CESS-93001-03||64XTPX-B||SureTemp Plus||Not Included||Included|
|CESS-93001-04||64NXXX-B||Not Included||Nellcor SpO2||Not Included|
|CESS-91945-00||64MXXX-B||Not Included||Masimo SpO2||Not Included|
|CESS-93001-06||64NXPX-B||Not Included||Nellcor SpO2||Included|
|CESS-93001-07||64MXPX-B||Not Included||Masimo SpO2||Included|
|CESS-93001-00||64NTXX-B||SureTemp Plus||Nellcor SpO2||Not Included|
|CESS-93001-09||64MTXX-B||SureTemp Plus||Masimo SpO2||Not Included|
|CESS-93001-10||64NTPX-B||SureTemp Plus||Nellcor SpO2||Included|
|CESS-93001-11||64MTPX-B||SureTemp Plus||Masimo SpO2||Included|
|CESS-93001-12||64XXXE-B||Braun ThermoScan PRO 4000||Not Included||Not Included|
|CESS-93001-13||64XXPE-B||Braun ThermoScan PRO 4000||Not Included||Included|
|CESS-93001-14||64NXXE-B||Braun ThermoScan PRO 4000||Nellcor SpO2||Not Included|
|CESS-93001-15||64MXXE-B||Braun ThermoScan PRO 4000||Masimo SpO2||Not Included|
|CESS-93001-16||64NXPE-B||Braun ThermoScan PRO 4000||Nellcor SpO2||Included|
|CESS-93001-17||64MXPE-B||Braun ThermoScan PRO 4000||Masimo SpO2||Included|
|CESS-716519-00001||64HTPX-B||SureTemp Plus||Masimo SpHb SpO2||Included|
|CESS-716520-00001||64HTXX-B||SureTemp Plus||Masimo SpHb SpO2||Not Included|
|CESS-716521-00001||64HXPE-B||Braun ThermoScan PRO 4000||Masimo SpHb SpO2||Included|
|CESS-716522-00001||64HXPX-B||Not Included||Masimo SpHb SpO2||Included|
|CESS-716523-00001||64HXXE-B||Braun ThermoScan PRO 4000||Masimo SpHb SpO2||Not Included|
|CESS-716524-00001||64HXXX-B||Not Included||Masimo SpHb SpO2||Not Included|