Cetylite 0122 Cetylcide-G High-Level Disinfectant/Sterilant Concentrate & Diluent
Cetylcide-G is a specially denatured glutaraldehyde-based formula. When diluted as directed, the resulting mixture is a 3.2% glutaraldehyde sterilizing/high-level disinfecting use-solution that works based on a variety of contact times, rather than a variety of concentrations. Once Cetylcide-G is prepared, the use-solution can be reused continuously for up to twenty-eight days, as both a high-level disinfectant and a sterilant. At the end of that time, it can be safely disposed by pouring it down the drain. The Cetylcide-G use-solution can be made with ordinary tap water. The solution will not rust or corrode instruments.
Cetylite Industries has developed a special "splash-proof" plastic receptacle for instruments, called the C-Tub, for use with Cetylcide-G. Cetylcide-G is packaged in a unique unit dose bottle which accurately measures the appropriate amount of concentrate to be added to the diluent. The bottle eliminates the need for separate measuring cups, and lessens the potential for hand contact.
- Approx 8 oz of Cetylcide-G equal 1 gallon of ready-to-use solution
- One quart of concentrated formula makes 3.75 gallons of use solution
- No mess dispensing with easy tip-and-pour bottle
- Effective at room temperature (20°C/68°F) 28 day use-reuse
- Can be formulated with ordinary tap water Anti-corrosive formula
- Dilutes to 3.2% glutaraldehyde when mixed as directed
- Cetylcide-G, working at room temperature (20°C), kills:
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis in 40 minutes Bacterial spores (full sterilization) in 10 hours.