The Puritan Bennett 980 is an advanced, full-featured respiratory ventilator designed to help patients breathe safely and comfortably. Using the ventilator’s unique capabilities, clinicians can synchronize the Puritan Bennett 980 with patient needs for a comprehensive, efficient caregiving strategy.
- Versatile respiratory ventilator offers non-invasive SIMV and CPAP.
- Simple user interface with intuitive screen navigation capabilities.
- Customizable display for maximized efficiency.
- Ventilator assurance feature supports continued ventilation in the event of certain system failures.
- Integrated expiratory filtration system protects against cross contamination for both clinicians and patients.
- Clinicians can use the unit’s advanced tools to synchronize the ventilator with patient needs, offering the appropriate breathing support.
- Software enables spontaneous breathing and supports biphasic or airway pressure release ventilation.
- Proximal flow sensor to measure lower flows, pressures and tidal volumes in neonatal applications.
- Tube compensation accurately overcomes the work of breathing imposed by the artificial airway.
- Standby mode pauses ventilation and maintains settings while the patient is disconnected and auto-detects reconnection.
- Color touchscreen has large font option for enhanced visibility.
- Multiple USB ports and an HDMI output.
- Networking capabilities allow interfacing with existing EMR systems.