The Welch Allyn 47351 3.5V EpiScope
Pigmented skin lesions are often difficult to diagnose, yet they have potentially dangerous consequences. The worldwide morbidity rate of malignant melanoma is increasing faster than that of any other form of cancer except lung cancer. Because not all pigmented skin lesions can be diagnosed by their clinical appearance alone, Welch Allyn's advanced skin surface microscope opens up a new dimension by offering you long-lasting Halogen illumination for true tissue color and 10x magnification for greater detail, resulting in more accurate diagnoses. Welch Allyn's powerful, portable EpiScope Skin Surface Microscope helps you focus on early detection and treatment of suspicious moles and lesions.
- Provides 10 times magnification and illumination for crisp, clear viewing.
- Reticle contact plate facilitates measurement and tracking of lesion growth.
- Halogen illumination for true tissue color.
- Fits any Welch Allyn standard 3.5v power source.
- More accurate diagnoses - Bright 3.5v halogen illumination and advanced 10x optics system ensure true tissue color and accurate identification of suspicious lesions.
- No cross-contamination - Removable contact plate is autoclavable to eliminate the possibility of cross-contamination.
- Easy to focus - Large, knurled focusing ring permits a sharp focus on moles or lesions.
- Comfortable eyepiece - Soft rubber eyewear protector allows the practitioner to comfortably place instrument between eye and lesion.
- Reticle Contact Plate - Allows easy measurement in mm indicators, of the specific dimensions of a suspicious lesion.
- Fully portable - Soft carrying case accommodates handle and includes a pouch for an extra front cover.
- Free reference guide available for patient education.