After being spun out from ‘The Claflin Company’, established in 1817, ‘Claflin Service Company’ is born with a focus on providing technical services to the non-acute healthcare market.
We obtained our first biomedical service contract from a hospital.
The company refocused on equipment sales for the hospital and non-acute markets with technical services being our key differentiator.
We entered into our first national GPO contract.
We were awarded our first Government FSS schedule contract for equipment.
We moved to our current corporate headquarters, more than doubling the warehouse space.
We acquired a warehouse and service center in Indiana, which was our first expansion outside of the New England area.
We merged with Hospital Associates and acquired RSI, making CME Corp the first healthcare equipment focused distributor with a nationwide presence.
We processed our 500,000th order.
We expanded to 8 warehouses and 30+ service centers in 49 United States.