BSN Medical Ortho-Glass Comfort Splinting System
BSN Medical Ortho-Glass® Comfort Splinting System combines strength and durability with unrivaled comfort. Splint rolls are economical, allowing the medical practitioner to measure and cut as needed, drastically reducing waste over pre-cut splints.
3D knit padding sets Ortho-Glass® Comfort Synthetic Splints apart. This advanced padding allows for increased air circulation, reducing skin maceration and increasing patient comfort.
Interlocking Performance (ILP) technology is a major advance in synthetic splinting technology. With a patented interlocking single layer, Ortho-Glass® Synthetic Splint Systems significantly increase flexibility and durability without sacrificing the strength of traditional, multi-layered splinting systems. Multi-layered splints run the risk of wrinkling and delaminating under stress. With ILP Technology, Ortho-Glass® Splinting Systems are also much more radiolucent than multi-layered fiberglass splints, greatly improving the clarity of x-ray images.
Ortho-Glass® Comfort Splinting System are sold by the box, with two rolls in each box.
- Feature unique 3D knit padding
- Reduced risk of maceration
- No wrong side padding for easy application
- Increased air circulation
- Roll form reduces waste
- Taped edge
- Patented Interlocking Performance technology (ILP) single layer padding
- Padding conforms easily to bony prominences
- No risk of delaminating like traditional, multi-layered splints
- May be safely incinerated
- Reduces sharp edges
- Wrinkle-free application
- Blue foil wrapping
- Completely waterproof when combined with a water-resistant bandage
- Available in a wide range of widths for different splinting needs
- Rolls have 15 ft lengths
- Sold by the box of 2 individually-packaged rolls
- Ideal for operating rooms, emergency rooms, cast rooms, and ambulances